Let's me honest; the saccharine homily delivered by Apostolic Delegate to the Legion community in Rome, mid July, just does not cut the mustard.
It is like a step back from the Vatican statement of May 1st. It is frankly confusing for parents and concerned Catholics
What was it about?
- Assuring rank and file that they had nothing to worry about?
- Prevent a stampede for the doors?
- Continue to have Orthodox Catholics believe the Legion is still a safe bet?
- What about the Maciel coverup by Superiors?
- What about Apostolic Schools still operating?
- What about ongoing recruitment and ordinations of poorly prepared seminarians?
- What about the serious allegations of the Legion being a cult or an intra-Catholic sect?
- What about concerns voiced by several Bishops, local ordinaries in the USA and other countries?